Most people are very fearful when it comes to the topic of home improvement and home repairs. Whether the physical requirements of the job seem great or the task too complicated, many people are beaten before they begin their home repair or home improvement projects. If you are thinking about selling your home here are some simple projects to consider. If you are still uncertain about doing them call Total Home Services to give you a FREE quote on your home improvement project.
Home Repair to Consider Before Selling !
1. You should make sure to have your home power washed by professionals before you put it on the market. A potential buyer will see the outside of your home long before they see the inside of it. If you have a squeaky-clean exterior, it may make them more interested in seeing what is on the interior and it may help them overlook some of the needed small home repair jobs.
2. A great home improvement tip to use for selling your home or even improving how it looks is to add exterior lighting. Whether you’re lighting up your driveway or simply your front and/or back porch, some exterior lighting on and around your home makes a huge difference and enables your home to stand out
3. If you are trying to sell your home, make sure your house has curb appeal. Planting flowers and grooming the landscaping will help. If you can’t paint the entire house, paint the trim and the front door. Usually, these areas wear sooner than the siding, and this quick home improvement project can really give your home a welcome facelift
4. Deodorize your home before showing it to buyers. This is especially true if you are selling a house you have lived in. If you have been in the house for extended periods of time, you might not notice the way it smells. Neglecting to deodorize could turn off potential buyers.
5. A way to do some home improvements that will really add a touch of class to any room, consider doing crown moldings. Crown moldings come in a variety of different shapes and can conform to any ceiling. They will add a touch of elegance and value to any room in the home.
6. Improving the lighting in your home will increase its appeal. Take down any dark curtains you might have up, replace light bulbs with higher wattage bulbs and clean all of the windows until they shine. A bright, well-lit home, is at the top of the buyers wish list, right behind a good location, so be sure to do all that you can to illuminate your home.
These pointers are very effective measures to review before your house goes on the market. Ken Bradshaw of Total Home Services has over 20 years experience in both cosmetic home repairs and large home projects such as water damage repair, fire damage repair, and mold remediation.
Home Repair Service Areas
Total Home Services will will service home repair and home improvement projects in: Vancouver, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Burnaby, Maple Ridge, Surrey and Langley. Total Home Services is a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau. Call Ken at 604-523-2238.
If you are Dealing with an emergency water damage or smoke damage problem call Ken at 604-808-7039.
Home Repair & Home Improvement